Please see other updates.
To Our Valued Clients, Family Members, and Stakeholders:
On behalf of the Executive Team and all employees of Rainbow, we want to thank you for your ongoing support and encouragement over these last several weeks.
The efforts of our Infection Control, Emergency Management, and Leadership Teams have been outstanding, as have the efforts of All Employees throughout the organization. In the face of the novel coronavirus, we have focused on the overall health and safety of our clients and employees. Employees have stepped up to meet the challenge and we have celebrated them throughout this fight as ‘Health Care Heroes’ because they truly are heroes!
Preparedness to phase into more Therapy
The organization has developed and implemented a thorough COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan. This Plan, along with related policies and procedures, ensures we have the mechanisms in place to help protect employees and clients now and as we begin to phase back into increased rehabilitation activities.
In mid-March, as the coronavirus began to flare up in Michigan, Rainbow took several aggressive steps to help mitigate the spread of the virus and flatten the curve. In the past several weeks, we have seen a decrease in the number of cases of COVID-19 in southeast Michigan, and at Rainbow. We are pleased to report we have not seen onset of a new client case in over a month and we have had one employee case over the past 3 weeks. This is a positive and encouraging trend.
We are now planning to resume certain limited therapy activities within the confines of the State Executive Orders. Our focus remains protecting those who are most vulnerable, while ensuring individuals receive the care necessary to preserve their health and safety. Over the ensuing days and weeks, residential clients will see an increase in the frequency of essential therapies taking place, both at our homes, and on a limited basis at the Treatment Centers. Additionally, outpatients will be welcomed back into the Treatment Centers for essential therapies. The Rainbow Team has put extensive plans in place focused on the safety of clients and employees, and following guidance provided by the CDC, OSHA, local health departments, and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
Enhanced safety procedures at our Outpatient Centers will include:
- Screenings upon entry including touch-less thermometers and completion of a brief health questionnaire
- Masks will be provided and worn by all clients and staff
- Other PPE will be available and utilized as appropriate
- Clients will be asked to wash and sanitize their hands frequently along with our employees
- Social distancing measures are being implemented where possible
- Enhanced sanitation procedures between treatments will occur
- Our Infection Control team will continue surveillance and monitoring of all Rainbow environments and track any individuals who present with symptoms
Telehealth has been an effective treatment method in certain situations
To best observe social distancing practices, telehealth will continue to be used where appropriate. Additionally, some individuals now prefer telehealth as this treatment method can have the added benefits of reducing the time and costs associated with travel.
Updates on recent Governor issued Executive Orders relating to long-term care facilities
- Order 2020-72 extends the previous order which temporarily restricts visitors to residential care facilities until May 31, 2020. Rainbow continues to make client / family communication available and encouraged through FaceTime and other video and phone means so we can all stay connected.
- Order 2020-77 extends the Stay at Home order until May 28, 2020 and sets conditions on the amount and types of in-person services that we can provide for our clients. Rainbow will continue to provide essential in-person therapy services at the Residential Sites and soon at the Centers. Telehealth Services will also continue to be utilized where appropriate to encourage social distancing practices.
Happy Mother’s Day! – We understand that connecting with your loved ones is incredibly important. While we still must follow state orders to restrict visitors, Rainbow has added technology devices at all locations to ensure you can connect in a variety of ways. These include telephone, or video chat through Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, or Facebook. If you are having difficulty connecting this Mother’s Day weekend or otherwise, please let our team members know so we can help get you connected.
We will continue to keep you updated. Please do not hesitate to contact your Rainbow Case Manager or Rainbow Administration with your comments or questions. We will get through this.
One Team – Together,
President and CEO