About the Genesee Specialized Residential Program
- Graduated program to allow for greater levels of independence in the least restrictive environment
- Vocational and educational focus
- Graduated medication management program
- Program fosters independent financial management
- Coordination of driving evaluations/training
- Discharge planning and community care follow-up services
- Community outings
Genesee Treatment Center
The Genesee Specialized Residential Program is located near Rainbow’s northern-most center in Genesee County, minutes from US-23 and I-75 exits. The Center offers outpatient neurorehabilitation, and features individual and group treatment.
Following a visit to the worksite, recommendations for modifications are made in order to maximize a client’s ability to function in their work environment.
Young Adult Program
The Genesee Treatment Center Young Adult Program is specifically designed to assist young adults in gaining meaningful employment and developing skills to initiate and maintain longterm relationships.
Attention is given to the basic skills of:
- Time management on the job
- Implementing work skills feedback
- Quality/productivity at the job
Working with Rainbow’s vocational specialists, the young adults are provided with opportunities to achieve both educational and vocational goals.
- Furnished and unfurnished options available
- Accessible one and two-bedroom units
- Laundry facilities in the unit
- Transportation is available on a fee-for-service basis for outpatient clients
• Physical therapy
• Speech & language pathology
• Mental health counseling
• Nursing services
• Vocational therapy
• Recreational therapy
• Aquatic therapy